Bridge + Bloom was born out of love. A love for people, a love of learning, and a love of design. It’s easy to get stuck in a cycle of overworking, not taking care of yourself, and working on work that leaves you less than excited about opening up your laptop in the morning. When we decided that we were going to work together, we made the decision that we had gotten stuck in the cycle for a while, and it was time to shake things up for ourselves.
We spent a long amount of time really digesting our goals and nailing down what our mission and vision for Bridge + Bloom would be, with the hopes that it will ultimately keep us on a path that fulfills what we are setting out to do. What is our why? To create for soulful people who want to make or do something that adds beauty to the world. We want to always be growing and learning, and then share what we have learned with others. We want to artfully blend what we do in our work with our lives to enjoy and appreciate both and use them to support our creativity and exploration.
About the Blog
The Bridge + Bloom blog isn’t just for designers, it’s a place for inspiration, recipes, lifestyle, travel, pretty photos, and so much more. We want to share what inspires us, so it can inspire others to keep exploring and creating!
C A I T
Caitlyn, better know as Cait (or Momma Cait) is one amazing human being. She is the better half of Bridge and Bloom. A passionate, hard working, and down to earth creative reigning from New England. It’s always a blessing to work next to her daily and make pretty things. Here are some fun facts about Cait! (by Marti)
1. SHE IS ABOUT TO BECOME A MOMMY!
– Yes, I couldn’t contain myself one bit. Cait is going to be a mommy early next year. I’m not sure if she’s going to let us post this, but if so, here is the news! I cried when she told me and I cry when I get excited. Since her and Javi (her husband) are so amazing we are going to have an amazing human being born into this world next year! Knowing that my best friend and such an amazing human is going to be raising a child puts more and more hope into a fruitful future for our world.
2. Cait loves Harry Potter.
– EVERY BOOK, EVERY MOVIE, EVERY MOVIE – in Blue-Ray. She is also reading all of them to the baby. She owns a cape, a broom (that’s in her trunk), and two wands. One wand actually makes spells work when you are at Universal, which she has a year pass to as well. So clearly, when I said ‘Cait loves Harry Potter’ I meant, “CAIT LOVES HARRY POTTER!!”
3. Cait owns two bunnies and a pup (& soon 3 chickens – and a baby!)
– If you’re having a bad day and you want to just have some bunny snuggle time, you’ve found the right girl. Cait has two adorable bunnies that love to snuggle on her couch or by your feet. They will come up and steal your grapes or entertain you by jetting around their own obstacle course in the living room!
4. Cait is super knowledgeable!
– Yes, I’m sure you’re thinking ‘of course you’re going to say that!’ but really, Cait is extremely talented. Anything she decides she wants to learn, she goes full force into that subject. Whether it be photography, pregnancy, gardening, or raising chickens if there is information out there, she will find it, read it, memorize it, and use it. She’s never afraid to learn about something or take time to read up on something she is interested in. I LOVE IT.
5. Cait is funny, dry funny 😉
– The best kind of funny, I’ve come to find out, is dry funny. Cait is exactly that. Sometimes she will make a joke and it will take me a couple of minutes to understand! She is witty and sneaky with what she chooses to say. It’s the best during those days of head down working, looking at your computer, and BOOM – she will bust out with something that will make you take two looks and then laugh.
M A R T I
Marti is our wildly creative, endlessly kind-hearted, super talented half. A lifelong Floridian, with a small stint as Californian, she has had some amazing experiences that have made her the beautiful person she is today. Here are five fun facts about Marti (by Cait)!
1. Marti knows a whole heck of a lot about coffee.
You might even already know her if you frequent coffee shops in Tampa or St. Pete, because she makes friends with everyone! You want to know about the best coffees shops to visit in LA? Marti will send you a list to fill your whole trip with coffee shops up the West Coast. Just need a long talk and a good cup straight out of the Chemex? She’s your girl.
2. Marti is a Gemini.
When you meet her, she just might ask you what your sign is. She might ask what your best friend’s sign is. You might end up telling her your life story and becoming best friends, but you won’t regret it, she’s one of the best friends you’ll find.
3. Marti’s fur-baby, Oli is the BEST CAT.
She just adopted a kitty named Oliver, and he is quite possibly the sweetest, cuddliest kitty EVER. When we have the occasional work day in her living room, he is sure not to let us do any work by snuggling up on our keyboards to let us know who is the boss. When I feel like I need to add a kitten to our zoo, I’m sure to visit Oli for some delicious kitty cuddles.
4. Marti is really educated about nutrition.
Seriously. She has done some serious amounts of research on food, herbal medicines, and overall just knows a LOT. Have an ailment? She just might know how to fix it with an herbal remedy. Or make you some homemade cleaners from grapefruit skins. She is a vegetarian, so she has gotten pretty creative with meal ideas and combining amazing flavors to fit any palette. She’s an amazing cook, so if she invites you over for dinner, SAY YES.
5. Marti is one of the kindest most giving people you’ll ever meet.
If you have ever met Marti, you already know that she is one of the most giving people you’ll ever meet. Her heart is so full of light and happiness, that’s it’s hard not to feel amazing and inspired around her. She has gone through a lot of difficult things in life, and has come out on the other side like a champion. It’s an honor to be her partner in business and to have her as one of my best friends!
To Our Readers
We hope you follow along on our journey with us! We would love love love to hear from you in the comments, so please say hi and join in on conversations! We are all about building community, supporting each other, and sharing experiences, so never be shy to reach out 🙂 Thank you for all of your support, here we go!